Water bill is another utility bill which increases month on month. This is worse during drought period. Save water by being smart.
* Water your garden during the early evening when the weather is cooler , so the water will be less likely to evaporate. Water using leftover bath or washing-up water to save even more!
* Choose to have a shower rather than a bath (except you are reusing the water e.g garden.).
* Make sure to turn taps off properly when you brush your teeth. Do you know a dripping tap that loses one drop a second will waste 15 litres of water a day.
* Just boil the amount of water you need in the kettle rather than filling it up. Rather than running the tap for ages every time you want a cold drink, fill up a jug and keep it in the fridge.
* Make sure the dishwasher or washing machine is full before switching it on.